BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

domingo, 24 de octubre de 2010

whitechapel




This weekend I have been watching a drama series, whitechapel, settled in East End London. The figure of Jack the Ripper emerges when a series of murders occurs which resemble those carried out by him 120 years before, in 1888. The spectator is trapped by the development of the plot.
The modern Jack th Ripper tries to recreate the murders with extremely accuracy whereas Detective Inspector Joseph Chandler tries to solve these crimes.
Rupert Penry Jones is Joseph Chander, and obsesive character that gets involved in this twisted mistery that leads him extreme situations. I really like this actor since I first discovered him in Spooks (another fantastic series drama).
This is a piece of the 1st episode:


I have to confess that I didn't have much idea about anything related to Jack the Ripper and after watching the series I have come across this webpage.
Here I have learnt that the main character's name, Joseph Chadler is also the name of a witness at Annie Chapman's investigation. He was also an inspector that helped in the investigation of this 2nd victim.

In season 2 of Whitechapel (which I haven't seen yet) we are approached to the fascinating world of the East End mafia and the Kray twins. I'm really looking forward to watch this second season.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario