BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

miércoles, 6 de octubre de 2010

takoyaki たこやき

The first time I visited Japan une of the things that surprised the most is the Japanese cuisine and fast food. One of the commonest fast food dish is 'takoyaki' (originated in the Kansai area; Osaka, Kyoto...).
Takoyaky literally means fried or grilled octopus.These are octopus balls usually bought from a street vendor.

Although I am vegetarian and I never tried TAKOYAKI, I was attracted by this TAKOYAKI shop while I was walking around Kyoto.

I love how Japanese display their businesses. They have shaped their own style which is a feature of their own identity.
This takoyaki shop is an example, not uncommon at all, of that childish, naive style that I like so much. It is connected with the concept of KAWAI or cuteness. Cute elements can be found in Japan almost everywhere.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario